Alex wanted donations made to Rainbows for Kate, instead of flowers, at his funeral. If you would like to do something for Max/Alex and Vee, you can make a donation here. If you have a cancer charity in your home country that you prefer, I'm sure it would be similarly appreciated.

If you like the look of this dish, you can find out the story behind it and how to cook it here. Please take a picture when you're finished and help spread awareness of and raise funds to battle sarcoma.

Cook's notes:

I used 4 chicken thighs (deboned); about 2-3 tbl butter; maybe 5tbl of lime juice; 1 tsp crushed chilli (would have used more, but PB was eating it), about 2tbl cheat's chopped coriander leaves (from a jar - should have used more); maybe 1/2 tbl sesame oil; four pineapple rings (from a tin), and about 4-5 tbl of sultanas just covered with rum.

I also used a bit of the pineapple juice from the tin, added at the simmer stage, and reduced after simmering, covered.

The green stuff is julienned cucumber and some spinach leaves, which needed using up. They went in the leftover juices at the end, for maybe a minute (just until the spinach was wilted).

All juices left in the saucepan were drizzled over everything at the end.

I was initially sold after hearing "chicken" and "butter" in the same recipe, but even so I was surprised at how tasty it was. I didn't find it too sweet at all, and I'm sensitive to that sort of thing, but I did use a fair bit of cous cous and maybe I went light on the pineapple and rum.


Powered by Blogger.