I ended up with a substantial amount of change for unicef on the plane. And over $120 in notes, most of which I kept for myself. Any Oz-bound Singaporeans willing to give a good exchange rate, let me know. Guess I wasn't feeling that confident about it being a one-way trip.

I'm still not. I could whine about my lack of symptoms or the ongoing, if very subtle, spotting, but I've got an essay due and you know how the speech goes anyway. Sometimes I think I should just get a follow-up beta, but I actually only want one if it's going to be good, and I really don't want to see anything equivocal, and, well, two pieces of good news in one week seems like pushing my luck. I've been terrified into submission and I'm too scared to ask for a bigger bowl of reassurance in case I am beaten or cast out into the street by a whole chorus-line of singing, dancing, orphanage masters, metaphorically speaking, of course. No, I'll wait - at least a little longer. Nothing is as horrifying as song.

Which I want to distinguish from the excellent cheers you guys did me last weekend. They rocked. Totally different thing. Also, I did get some wonderful magnets from Rachel to lift my spirits during this next wait. And if anyone wants to discuss Potter - I've finished now. Did I miss my chance? Where have you guys been going to talk about it? Oh good grief yes - and apparently I'm also a Rockin' Girl Blogger, although I may have to come back later to do the graphic. Thanks Samantha, Serenity and Sunny J for the nominations. And... I'll have to come back and do my own nominations later. Damnit. Essay. University.


14 Comments

BigP's Heather said...

Some people have posted about HP on their blogs - so I just commented on their posts. I didn't put anything up on my blog...

So, let's discuss - you can email me.

bigpandme@yahoo.com

Serenity said...

Add me to the list too. I haven't really discussed HP with everyone, and would definitely be interested in hearing your opinion.

Hang in there...

Serenity said...

I think you have my email address, but just in case - serenitynowinfertile at gmail dot com.

StellaNova said...

Oh shit! What have I been missing!? This is great. Everything (EVERYTHING) is crossed for you. And try not want to worry about lack of symptoms - I barely had any and worried about it all the time. But it all seems to have worked out well so far.
Happy smile for you ...
:)
StellaNova

beagle said...

Good Luck with the essay!

I'm only halfway through the book before the last HP book. Boo me. I am so behind.

Samantha said...

Keep your spirits up and good luck on your essay!

Rachel Inbar said...

I'm glad you enjoyed the cheers. They were, at very least, unique...

I haven't read HP (believe it or not), aside from the first book, but glad you enjoyed it :-)

Krista said...

Good luck with the essay and with the waiting. I am keeping you in my thoughts.

Jess said...

Still hoping hard for you. :)

One View said...

Thanks for your comment on my blog. It helped alot and I felt better about my sister's OHSS. SO THANK YOU!!!!

Hope all goes well with everything. Hang in there and hoping for the best. Take care.

Lut C. said...

Anything but the chorus-line! The mere thought!

Lollipop Goldstein said...

I am always up to talking Potter. Hang in there, Bea.

ak1908 said...

Bea,
I read the change you made to your sidebar and I just am overwhelmed with joy for you. I want this pregnancy to be successful for you so badly, it hurts. I know we've never met in real life, but I have been following your journey for a while and I just feel so strongly that you deserve this to be successful. I am sending you nothing but positive energy and thoughts and tons of prayers.

You add so much to the world around you that it is your turn to reap the benefits.

Take good care of yourself and remember spotting is an absolutely normal thing during early pregnancy.


((((hugs)))))

soralis said...

Hang in there!

Powered by Blogger.